Susie’s exhibition at the Open Eye Gallery in Edinburgh is inspired by Nan Shepherd’s seminal work The Living Mountain. Quite serendipitously Nan and Susie appear together on the new RBS fiver: Nan is the face of the note and it is Susie’s calligraphy on the reverse. Works on show include small tablets with silverpoint lettering and larger abstract paintings based on all aspects of the mountain.
- ‘Beyond the Page’ Exhibition | Craigard Gallery, Wigtown
- One never quite knows the mountain …
- Artist Book Market at The Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh
- William Kentridge’s innovative take on altered books in Exhibition at Fruitmarket Gallery
- Susie Leiper talks about her calligraphy on new RBS polymer fiver